8/26/2006

3 requirements and 1 bonus feature to fit in New York

3 requirements to be a New Yorker:
1. (I've talked about this before in Chinese in my blog.) Let go of all the sanitation standards, if you can't tolerate filth, you can't be in New York.
2. Being rude and accept rudeness, otherwise you can't even take any public transportation, which is almost essential in a city with the most angry drivers and the inconvenient parking.
3. Indifference. Being indifferent is one of the trade marks of New Yorkers, there are too many things and people around to drop your jaw, but you don't want to hurt your jaw. And like any other trade marks of New Yorkers, they are so proud of it, and you don't know why they are so proud of it.

So, if you have these 3 basic requirements and the preference of vanity as an add-on bonus, you won't feel as bad as I am being in New York.

And one small trick, testing your friends to see if they like New York City or not, (preferably they've never really live there long); it's not 100 %, but a not bad indicator for vain or not.

2 comments:

Wei said...

Hey Comrade Ma,

It seems that you have had a crazy time! I know, moving house is absolutely a nightmare. Enjoy your stay (by this I mean something "short-term") in New York.

By the way, you may update the link to my new blog =>http://chen1923.blogspot.com
Yes, I think blogger.com is more user-friendly.

Principal

yaoxin said...

You are so lucky because u can move back to NJ, but poor me, I have no choice. At least, your boss is not always watching behind you for every weekday.