6/22/2009

In the end, what is important ?

If in the end, nothing you can bring it away with you, not a dime you've earned, not a dime you've spent, not even our-physical-selves, then, what is important ?

We've seen those questions, in philosophy, in psychology, in conversations or just in our wildest dreams, questions stated that if there is only certain amount of time left, so on and so forth, what will we do ? There will be tons of answers featuring similar results -- spending time with our families, finally doing that thing we always want to do ...--, but I'm sure nothing will really change until we're really facing this question ourselves.

Fortunately most of my friends are in no hurry to think about this question, and surprisingly many of my acquaintances have never even encountered some one's else end of life. In a way, no one dies in dignity because of the physical body; but in another way, everyone dies in dignity because no one can touch your soul in a spiritual world -- if there is one.

I've read several books about life after life and/or life in between lives. Reference links for your interests (authors of the books I read):

http://www.spiritualregression.org/
http://www.brianweiss.com/

Scientific background (especially for a hardcore Darwinist, genetics-based biologist I would like to be) has trained us to look away from all these "not-scientifically-proven(as we call it, that's an easy one.)" whatever that we don't want to (and/or can't) deal with.

But, com'on, I'm sure every current living soul would like it to be true, otherwise if we just ... die, then what is this all about ?

I really appreciate my experience, although I wish my family members would never leave me. In the end, what is important ? I think probably only the lives you've truly touched. In the end, who will be really sad over losing you ? Who will really appreciate you ? Who really knows you ? Who really loves you ? I know it sounds corny when we don't need to think about it, but believe me, in the end, life is just like that.

Sometimes I think probably I'll be like -- Cr*p ! None of the after-life thing is true ... [silent]...after I die, but I don't know, we don't know. So let's separate "life" into 3 parts: first part, life in living -- mostly referred to "now" and drifting back and forth in the past and future in our brains (I'm really interested in this "time-traveling" in our minds/brains, hopefully I'll be able to narrate my thoughts about it comprehensibly); second, before death and death itself; and third, life after death (hopefully there is one), and hopefully these 3 parts are connected into a circle by birth/re-birth, so I get to be ... not near-sighted ? No, so I get to be LIVE again !

But whatever it is, I just want to be with people I really love and care. Down to the bottom, life is always the same, no matter where you are(ok, I admit I just want to be in Taiwan ...), who you are, and what you are. Life is just living, everyone is just trying to get by for living. Additionally if we can do something good for the earth, the world and the human being -- at least try to be less harmful and more useful.

Appreciate life, if you don't, I wish there is a mechanism that people who want to commit suicide can give their lives to those who are fighting for it. But don't think too glamerous about it (especially about other people's life), down to the bottom, everyone is the same; down to the end, nothing is really important but those you love and those who love you.

No comments: