3/20/2008

It's a matter of morals.

In 2 days, my Taiwan will have a chance to be better.

More than 8 years, my Taiwan has become much worse in almost every aspect, and my Taiwan has lost many (too many) values -- materially and immaterially.

It's to a level that I don't understand why there are supporters for the DPP. The differences in between the 2 major parties in Taiwan are not just policies, abilities, but a matter of morals, the most basic fundamental morals. Honestly, even debates such as the Darwinism/evolution and the "intelligence design" in the US elections are still on the same horizon of the moral scale. Even debates for the Independence or union in Taiwan can be on the same moral scale. But as the government is in Taiwan now, a party as DPP is, and a candidate as Hsieh is, it's a matter of morals. I analyzed and translated only a fraction of the news in Taiwan to my husband, who is a Russian and never is able to vote; as more and more ridiculous as I feel about those news during the translation, my husband always asks lots of questions, and he always asks me, why a candidate as Hsieh can be a candidate ? I don't know how to answer that question.

I even start to have doubts in my friends who support the DPP; I could understand and accept that some of my friends support the DPP 8 years ago, and even 4 years ago; but now ? I felt very bad when I realize that I still have friends supporting the DPP now, because I don't want to doubt my friends, especially don't want to doubt my friends' morals and integrity; but now, I really have doubts with my DPP-supporting friends; as bad as I feel, as long as I've known you, and as much as I cherish you as friends, maybe I was wrong about your consciences, integrity and senses.

No comments: